Title: Fundamentals of Deep Learning at UF
Date: March 24, 2021
Time: 9:00AM to 4:30PM
In this workshop, you’ll learn how deep learning works through hands-on exercises in computer vision and natural language processing. You’ll train deep learning models from scratch, learning tools and tricks to achieve highly accurate results. You’ll also learn to leverage freely available, state-of-the-art pre-trained models to save time and get your deep learning application up and running quickly.
By participating in this workshop, you’ll:
- Learn the fundamental techniques and tools required to train a deep learning model
- Gain experience with common deep learning data types and model architectures
- Enhance datasets through data augmentation to improve model accuracy
- Leverage transfer learning between models to achieve efficient results with less data and computation
- Build confidence to take on your own project with a modern deep learning framework
Prerequisites: An understanding of fundamental programming concepts in Python 3, such as functions, loops, dictionaries, and arrays; familiarity with Pandas data structures; and an understanding of how to compute a regression line.
Suggested materials to satisfy prerequisites: Python Beginner’s Guide.
Hardware Requirements: Desktop or laptop computer capable of running the latest version of Chrome or Firefox. Each participant will be provided with dedicated access to a fully configured, GPU-accelerated server in the cloud.
For more info: Fundamentals of Deep Learning Workshop | NVIDIA