Title: Fundamentals of Accelerated Computing with CUDA C/C++
Date: April 1, 2021
Time: 9:00AM to 4:30PM
This workshop teaches the fundamental tools and techniques for accelerating C/C++ applications to run on massively parallel GPUs with CUDA®. You’ll learn how to write code, configure code parallelization with CUDA, optimize memory migration between the CPU and GPU accelerator, and implement the workflow that you’ve learned on a new task—accelerating a fully functional, but CPU-only, particle simulator for observable massive performance gains. At the end of the workshop, you’ll have access to additional resources to create new GPU-accelerated applications on your own.
By participating in this workshop, you’ll:
- Write code to be executed by a GPU accelerator
- Expose and express data and instruction-level parallelism in C/C++ applications using CUDA
- Utilize CUDA-managed memory and optimize memory migration using asynchronous prefetching
- Leverage command-line and visual profilers to guide your work
- Utilize concurrent streams for instruction-level parallelism
- Write GPU-accelerated CUDA C/C++ applications, or refactor existing CPU-only applications, using a profile-driven approach
- Basic C/C++ competency, including familiarity with variable types, loops, conditional statements, functions, and array manipulations
- No previous knowledge of CUDA programming is assumed
Hardware Requirements: Desktop or laptop computer capable of running the latest version of Chrome or Firefox. Each participant will be provided with dedicated access to a fully configured, GPU-accelerated server in the cloud.
For more info: Accelerated Computing with CUDA C/C++ Workshop | NVIDIA